Tuesday, September 30, 2014

River's First Month

This is a little late since River is now 2-months-old but I thought I would post some thoughts I jotted down at the end of his first month along with some photos: 

Little River is slowly becoming blonder and balder.

His dark blue-grey eyes have turned into a deep blue. 

He is a little less squirmy or as his father lovingly calls it "spazzy"

His once golden slightly jaundice skin faded to almost as pale as mine. 
Please tell me how a newborn can look tanner than both his parents?

 Whenever he is not asleep he is usually furrowing his brow but his scowl is looking friendlier everyday.

He is on the verge of smiles.
I have seen a few accidental grins but I can't wait for the intentional ones.

He wakes up 1-3 times a night...or more on special occasions.
The two of us usually watch 30 Rock to keep us (me) sane in those nocturnal nursing sessions. 

He eats like it's going out of style and is getting chubbier by the hour. 
I love the rolls but part of me wants him to stay this little forever. 

We are starting to venture out into the world: beach, mall, market.
I wish we could walk everywhere because he is not a fan of the carseat but loves to be in a wrap close to his mama. 
Photos of River and I were taken by Danica Hall
(aka Aunt Banana)
@5-weeks-old

Photos of River and Wing were taken by me @ 9-days-old.

3 comments: